Thursday, July 22, 2010

And Now For A Station Break...

Summer blogging is hard. Isn't it?

I was planning to devote this entire week to my favorite "legal" vegetable--the cucumber. I even had a bunch of fabulous Retro Recipes all lined up: Scalloped Cucumbers, "Creamed" Cucumber Salad, Braised Cucumber, etc. But it all fell through in the blink of an eye.

You see, every year at this time we are typically up to our eyeballs with cukes from our backyard vegetable garden. But when I went outside to pick some cucumbers the other day--there was practically nothing there. It seemed our friendly neighborhood groundhog stopped by and ate everything in sight. This is all he left me:


So no Retro WW Cucumber recipes this week for me. Suck it, Mr. Groundhog.

And on that cheery note, my dear readers, I must bid you adieu for an entire week. I am going on vacation and there shall be no Retro Weight Watchering allowed, no blogging allowed, and absolutely no scales allowed!

I'll meet you back here in about a week, and we will return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Until then, I shall be pondering this deep thought:

"I don't think any vacation is fattening unless you want it to be." - Jean Nidetch

Thanks Jean. I'll try not to let you down.

5 comments:

Bring Pretty Back said...

Have a great vacation! And Jean would be so very disapointed in me!
Kristin

Lidian said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Unknown said...

ooohhh vacation! Have FUN! :)

Mollie's Mama said...

Have a wonderful time! :_)

Pam said...

Have a fab vacation!