Saturday, January 1, 2011

Worlds Colliding

I am truly a retro girl living in a modern day world. Or is it the other way around? I can never tell.

Anyhoo...

Since I have been doing so well on the new WW PointsPlus plan, yet I still have a strange affinity for those wacky & weird Retro WW recipes--I wondered what would happen if I took the two programs and mashed them together in some strange way? A sort of freakishly morphed version of the two WW plans I love so much.

I think it might look a little something like this...


I've noticed that many of the PointsPlus Power Foods also happen to be "legal foods" from the 1972 WW Program. So there are many opportunities for overlap.

Take, for instance, the recipe pictured above from the 1972 Revised WW Program Cookbook.

Peas Francaise

1/2 head shredded lettuce
8 oz. peas
2 tsp. dehydrated onion flakes
dash artificial sweetener
1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
Salt & Pepper

Simmer all ingerdients in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
Makes 2 servings

Did I add some hot sauce? YES!

Did I add a Boca Burger? YES!

It was filling, delicious and only 4 PointsPlus for the entire bowl... A Pyrex bowl, I might add. Plus--it's Francaise which is code for "fancy". Right?

Do you think Jean Nidetch would approve?

3 comments:

Helen said...

How lovely that you're able to go back and forth between '72 and '11!

Anonymous said...

I'm SURE Jean Nidetch would approve. And she'd get such a kick out of your blog! (like I do)
Have a great day!!!

Heather said...

Hehe. I misread it as "pears" instead of peas and kept re-reading the recipe wondering where the pears came in.