Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Moldy Mother's Day

If I had the time and the patience, my Mother's Day dream would be to prepare the ultimate Retro WW brunch for me & mom. If I had my way, it would be a masterpiece of molds and it would go a little something like this...

We'd start with a salad. A three-step mold of tomato juice and cottage cheese layered in a beautiful display of gelatin love. The Madrilene Cheese Salad--Tres Francais!



Next, we'd move onto the main course. It would be the Shrimp-Salmon Mold. The perfect dish to share with mom! Look at those two perfect little jellied fishies hugging each other atop a bed of fresh lettuce. It almost brings a tear to the eye.



And finally--to top it all off--a Melon Mousse for dessert. Think of the fun we could have sharing our coffee and conversation as we savor the flavor of a pureed, molded cantaloupe mixture.


To make all of these dishes, I would need a whole box of Knox Gelatin, 3 copper molds and about ten hours to prepare them. But it would be worth it to see the look of surprise and delight on my mom's face.

But the reality is--me & my mom are both busy working ladies, so the Ultimate Moldy Retro WW brunch will have to wait. In the meantime, we'll still have a blast hanging out and enjoying each other's company... over a great big pizza just the way we like it. With extra cheese. Oh--and hold the gelatin. Woohoo!

Have a Happy Mother's Day everyone! What are you eating today?

PS: Don't forget to send in your Jean Nidetch love for my great big "To Jean With Love" post coming later this month! Get on board!

6 comments:

Μάρσι said...

Happy mother's day Mimi! Today my menu was this: http://suntageslight.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post_08.html
(translate to google to see recipe).

Μάρσι said...

Back again! Can you type recipes for Madrilene Cheese Salad and Melon Mousse? They look delicious!

Unknown said...

LOL, honest all those mousses look scary!

Leanne @ The Skinny Architect said...

While I am trying to think of something better to say to Jean, I am also thinking that my Mother's Day was clearly not moldy enough. We did go see the Marvelous Wonderettes downtown, highly recommended, especially for the retro lover in your life! ;-)

Dennis said...

I'm so behind in my blog reading....very belated Happy Mother's Day Mimi!!! (glad you passed on the moldy day!) All the best!!!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Sorry Mimi....Dennis didn't comment....I didn't realize my husband was signed into google on this computer. It's Roz from weightingfor50 who say "hi" above. Sorry 'bout the confusion!