Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Retro Movie Time

I don't say this often, but you may want to pull out your blender and grab a jar of pimentos, because this next recipe is a keeper. For real.

If you are a 1972 Retro WW gal, one thing you know for sure is that popcorn is illegal. The horror! So what do you nibble while you kick back for a chick flick with your gal pals? You make yourself a "W.W. Popcorn Bowl" filled with all of your favorite unlimited vegetables and gobble to your heart's content.

Chop up some celery, green peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, radishes and cauliflower into bite-size pieces. And if you really want to get wacky? Pair your "Popcorn Bowl" with this easy Retro WW Dip for Veggies:


1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Dash Hot Sauce (I used many dashes)
6 oz. cottage cheese (I used fat free)
1 4-oz. can pimentos, drained
dash salt
dash garlic salt

Puree in blender until smooth!

I suspect even the modern day PointsPlus gals will flip for this dip!

FYI: The top Oscar winners in 1972 were The Godfather and Cabaret. Marlon Brando, Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey took home the statues. Now, I ask you, what could be better than that?

So kick back with your favorite classic flick and enjoy this wonderful Retro WW snack! I promise - you won't even miss the popcorn!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oohh yum! :) I think I'm gonna make some air popped popcorn tonight, but that veggie dip sounds kinda-sorta interesting....maybe. Lol :)

Unknown said...

That dip actually sounds quite good to me! I eat cottage cheese all the time anyway.

But I'm never giving up popcorn. :D

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Love the retro-ness of your blog!!

Tracy said...

Yes, this one is try-able!

carla said...

good lord I love you.

Anonymous said...

Veg-O-Matic made this for our collaboration dinner!
http://yinzerella.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/86-albondigas-con-salsa-fria-meat-balls-with-cold-sauce/#comment-491
It was good, Mimi!