Monday, December 26, 2011

2011: A Year in Review

The Slim Santa Snacks have been served. The Egg-Less Nog has been drunk. Another year has come and gone.

It is so hard to believe that my little Retro WW Experiment is almost two years old! In my second year of blogging about the scary rules and recipes of Weight Watchers circa 1970-1978, I became bolder and braver. I tried food combinations that no human should ever consume. I tackled some culinary bucket list items.

I still haven't achieved my goal of meeting Jean Nidetch. Sigh. One day...

Anyway. In case you have forgotten, here's a look back on some of my finest moments from 2011. The good, the bad, and the horrifying.

Cheers!

Healthade

A Deeply Disturbing Mystery Fluid


"French Fries"

Hint: They're NOT French Fries


Lemon Tuna Mold

My first ever double-decker and first ever video blog


Cucumber Zips

The ultimate freak food


Frankfurter Spectacular

There are no words.


Fluffy Mackerel Pudding

Video proof that I actually eat this crap


Rosy Perfection Salad

My role model in molded-salad form


Cinnamon Squares

The worst thing I ever ate.
And that's saying a lot.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Hi Mimi,I have enjoyed every one of your posts, and look forward to your further 1972 experiments. I SOOOO want you to meet Jean too!!! Have a very very happy New Year. All the best to you for 2012(and 1972)!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy McLaughlin said...

Scary stuff. Looking forward to seeing more in 2012! This is an awesome idea.

Pam said...

Oh my goodness...I remember your reviews of most of these throughout the year. Here's hoping that 2012 brings some more palatable old recipes. Happy belated New Year!